LAIS majors moderate both into a primary divisional program and into LAIS, usually through a concurrent Moderation, by fulfilling the primary program's requirements and the following LAIS requirements.
Moderation + Graduation Requirements
These are division-specific requirements for social studies and art. Basic proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is required, as shown by courses taken (Spanish 106 or 110) or placement exam, or by demonstrated speaking ability. Students are encouraged to take Spanish language courses at some point during the first two years at Bard.
- LAIS/HIST 152: Latin America: Independence/Sovereignty/Revolution
- LAIS/Hist 160: Latin American Histories
- LAIS / Art History 160: Survey of Latin American Art
- ARTH 273 Religious Art of Latin America Prof. Susan Aberth
- LAIS/HIST 220: Mexican History and Culture
- LAIS/HIST 225: Migrants and Refugees in the Americas
- PS 214: US–Latin American Relations
- PS 222: Democracy in Latin America
- Spanish 202: Intermediate Spanish II
- Spanish 223: Cultures and Societies of Latin America and Spain
- Spanish 301: Introduction to Spanish Literature in Conversation with the Visual Arts
- Spanish 302: Introduction to Latin American Literature
- LAIS/HIST 331: Latin America: Race, Religion, and Revolution